Monday, June 9, 2008

I'm itching!

I'm itching in more ways than one. First off, my throat and lungs, if that's possible, are itching like crazy and making me cough. I'm sure the people at work that walk by my desk are wondering if I'm going to cough up a hairball or something worse and want me to go home. Oh well, I already missed a few days of work and I'm well enough to be here.

I'm also itching to get back to work on my book! Last night I made some more art out of office supplies, including stars out of paper clips that are quite beautiful. I want to write, I want to create! The biggest motivators are my enjoyment of the project and that I want this to be my last summer being trapped inside an air conditioned prison.

My coworker Amy, who is mentioned in the book quite a few times as my saviour and supporter, just left and is bummed out to be back at work. She would like to be free, too.

Last week when I was sick I caught and episode of Oprah and there was a guy on there who made a career of blowing and making BUBBLES. Bubbles, people. If he can make a career out of that, I can certainly make a career out of writing, being funny, making banana bread, petting my cats and vacationing. I'm serious.

I'm excited, I'm itching to go and I haven't coughed in six minutes! Time to get going on this adventure!

No comments: