Friday, October 10, 2008

Swirl Therapy

Yesterday I was having a grumpy day. Instead of doing what I usually do when I'm grumpy (crying, being mean to small children, consuming entire cases of Willy Wonka chocolate bars, shooting squirrels with BB's) I wrote a long-winded email to my life coach, asked to leave work early, and swirled my worries away:


I wanted to continue this swirling project today, but I couldn't find the pen I used yesterday, which was running out of ink and had a light line to it, so I couldn't pick up where I left off. Oh well, it's pretty the way it is.

My life coach, Barbara, also sent me an email back and it really helped me feel better, especially the part where she told me that this will be a great enhancement to my life but if I have an erection lasting longer than four hours I should seek medical attention...wait, that was some junk email I got, what she said was even better: "As long as we look outside ourselves for answers or validation, we're going to be confused because everyone will have their own perception and ideas of what we should be doing. The key, which is one main thing I want you to get in this coaching work, is that ALL the answers lie within YOU." Wow, that sounds pretty good to me! What do you think? Ha, okay, nevermind.

I'll work on internalizing that idea this weekend while I'm away in Nashville for a work conference. Which reminds me, I need to go pack my cowboy boots and fringed leather jacket for the trip to the Country Music Capitol. Hmmm, my brain just reminded me that I don't own either of those items, so I guess I'll just have to go country in spirit, not in fashion.

And to wrap this post up...12 weeks and nothing from Ten Speed Press! Hopefully they didn't get my follow-up letter this week and decide to burn my submission package....

No comments: