Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Ocean Supply Art

You know why I like making art out of stuff that comes from the earth? Because it takes little to no talent on my end. Let me show you what I mean.

Isn't this beautiful? These are all shells that were gathered on the beach in Vero Beach, Florida. They have been laid down on a piece of wood, for now, until a plan for them is developed. I was thinking that half of them should move to Mexico and grow corn and the other half should stay here and get green jobs created by the economic stimulus package. And they should all send their money back to me.

I'm missing the point here, where was I? Okay, so the point is that these beautiful shells, made by nature, or sea urchins or whatever, are perfect and gorgeous just the way they are! I could hot glue them to a roll of toilet paper and sell it at the local art gallery! You cannot ruin something this beautiful!

Here are some closeups. As always I'm showing off my finely tuned digital photography skills:


No, it's not my camera, the shells are fuzzy.

When I finally make something out of these I'll let you know. For now it's on to my real job, which involves me, my pajamas, a mug of hot tea, the computer, and fantasizing about my future. Seriously! This is my job now! I love it!

Back to the grind...

No comments: