Thursday, April 30, 2009

Hangin' with Oprah

You know what the most exhausting part of this blog is? Trying to think of catchy titles for the art projects. Therefore, today's project will be named whatever comes to my mind, I am not willing to spend a long time thinking about it.

Funky Folder Fashion

Yup, that's what I came up with. Let's see if it's accurate.

This was my idea: you've got to deal with all kind of folders and filing systems at work, and all your work papers are in these boring Manila-type folders:

But I thought it would be fun to make a collage on one, so when you have to go to that folder full of boring work, it would be a little pick-me-up.

Step one:

Locate a magazine (preferably the kind that does not arrive in a plain paper wrapping; you never know who will see your folder.)


Step two:

Starting cutting stuff out that appeals to you (doesn't Oprah appeal to you, too?):

Step three:

Find enough stuff to cover at least one side of the folder and paste it on and decorate:


I picked Oprah because I wanted to get a pep talk from her each and every time I looked at this folder:

She's telling me she loves my blog, wants me to come on her show, and wants me to move in her with her. Oh, Oprah, only if you want me to move into the Maui house. I have no interest in moving to Chicago, but thanks for the offer!

This is obviously, right? It's chocolate. It makes me feel better. It's been scientifically proven.

The reason I put this chick on my folder is to remind me how thankful that my job doesn't involve anything that requires me to be fully clothed yet covered in water. Come to think of it, my job doesn't require me to be fully clothed, period.

This project ties in nicely with my tip of the day, which is:

Remind Yourself How Awesome You Are!

This is not to say you should be come a self-obsessed, narcissistic person with no regard for anyone else. My suggestion is only that you remind yourself of your accomplishments and enjoy the glow you get from all that positive thinking.

What if you can't think of anything to be positive about, you ask? You hate your job and your family? Okay, well, did you manage to make it through the entire day without running over any innocent furry woodland creatures? Have you been nice to your neighbor or a complete stranger any time recently? I want you to make a list of at least ten things that you are proud of yourself for, and to keep it up for the next week. Make a new list every day with new things you've accomplished, and by the end of the week you'll have 70 things to look back on!

Hey, maybe if you're lucky Oprah will ask you to move in with her, too.

No comments: