Sunday, June 22, 2008

Guess What I Accomplished Yesterday

Yesterday was a Saturday, my mom and step dad's 22 year wedding anniversary. I woke up early, invited them over, made them a lovely breakfast to celebrate, and then went to town with them to an art festival, bought my sweetheart one of his birthday gifts and went for a walk. Yup, all in one day.

Oh, did I mention I finished the first draft of my book??? How is this possible, you may be asking yourself. She just started three weeks ago. This is possible because I am driven. This is my passion and this has been my focus almost consuming my entire life. I have never been able to stay so with a project, despite my earlier complaints about lack of focus. I feel it, this is what I'm going to be doing. Also, I can't even begin to imagine that I'll have to be at my job this time next year, I am really not enjoying it and it does not fulfill any part of me, other than my wallet.

I want to write full time. I want to promote and tour and blog and be funny. This feels right.

I edited it one time and completed all the artwork for each chapter. I'll be submitting it to my editor and dear friend Amy tomorrow and hopefully she can get it done in not too long, I know she has her own creative pursuits going on and I don't want to take away from that.

My mother has been doing so much research about publishers for me, which is so great because I have no skill whatsoever for that sort of thing. The one I'm currently focused on is Sourcebooks, as they allow un agented and un published authors to submit. Right now I'm working on my submission package...that sounds sort of dirty, doesn't it? Never mind.

I've never done anything like this before and I am SO excited. This is it, keep believing in me.

No comments: