Friday, July 18, 2008

Let the Waiting Begin

Today I dropped off my two other submission packages at the post office. The other publishers that I'm relishing my talent on are Ten Speed Press in Berkeley, CA and Sourcebooks in Naperville, Illinois. I think it's a good sign that I was able to help a troubled customer that I met at my place of employment who REALLY needed something mailed today - I conveniently was on my way out the door heading there. I'm not sure what kind of sign it is that I got lost trying to find the post office...

Now all I can do is wait for the rejection letters to roll in. Or, if I'm lucky, some other form of communication not involving a rejection. A smoke-signal invitation to an all-night cow tipping party, perhaps?

I do need to finish the edits to the rest of the book this weekend, and then just hold my breath for six weeks to three months, depending on the publisher. I plan to start book two this weekend: This Body Was Made for Snuggling.

Since I'm not feeling terribly creative or funny (my brain usually takes Fridays off), I'm going to stop trying to string sentences together.

No comments: