Monday, July 21, 2008

What Now?

I'm not sure what now. I finished the edits to the book, laughed my ass off in the process, and then saved the final file and that was that. I'm happy it's done (for now) and that I have my submissions in to publishers. I didn't work on my other book idea at all this weekend, but I had a great time none the less. I went to see the band Silver Machine at the Emerald Lounge on Saturday night with my sweetheart and some friends. I know the drummer. I've always wanted to say that. Visit their myspace page http://www.myspace.com/silvermachine11, their music sounds like the soundtrack to some trippy sci-fi flick. My favorite thing at the show was probably the girl dressed up like Pocahontas. Don't see that often - unless you live in Asheville, that is. Here it's pretty run of the mill.

I also played some Scrabble and watched some episodes of Deadwood, our current addiction. I'm back at work today and thought of another brilliant book idea: Roll Your Soul in Glue and Cover it in Sparkles. I already wrote the outline for it. Of course, I've got about three outlines right now and no books to go with them, so it's not saying much. I feel good about this one though, sparkly, even.

My lunch break is drawing to a close so I've got to run. Or maybe I just feel like surfing for celebrity gossip, but you don't need to know that. Oops.

No comments: