Tuesday, December 30, 2008

It's Been A Long Time...

I'm safely back at my abode with my cats, plenty of underwear and my own kitchen to prepare food in. If I had to pick one word to sum up my trip up North, it would be: whirlwind. That's one word, right? If I could pick two words for the trip they would be: crazy and busy. But hey, it's my blog, so I can use as many words as I'd like.

Day one involved tears, a stomach ache, a hotel in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, and lots of surfing of really terrible radio channels. Day two involved ice on the roads and our rental car, rain, and traffic in NYC that instantly reminded me why I don't live up yonder any longer. Day three, Christmas Day, involved way too much food, but luckily I was able to keep my cookie consumption very low. Day four involved seeing family I haven't seen for a long time and doing lots of talking, here's a pic of me with Anthony and my Dad's gal pal, Mel:

Day four involved rain and fog and some delicious thin crust pizza, and I was instantly reminded why I miss the North so much. This day also involved incredibly overpriced spaghetti in the Hamptons. Long story. I had enough pasta on this trip to choke a horse, as they say. Day five involved fog and a tough decision - whether or not to take off early and skip some previously planned engagements. We left and ended up spending the night in Virginia. Day six was six more hours of driving but with a prize at the end: cuddly cats (except Coco was a bit standoffish) and my own bed to sleep in. It's good to be home.

Today I had life coaching and firmed up my dates for my seminar and worked on a timeline for when I have to have certain things done. I did a great job of being present and enjoying myself on the trip, I want to maintain that focus on the "now" while I'm here trying to make this life for myself.

After coaching I called around to find some places that would be appropriate to hold my shindig and then Anthony and I went for a short hike because it's so warm and beautiful here!
This is the view from the parking lot at Water Rock Knob, off the Blue Ridge Parkway.


This is my truck enjoying the view, too!


So warm and sunny, we stopped on the way to the hike to sun ourselves.

Only one day left in 2008, a darn fine year.

No comments: