Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Other Bored People

Did you know other people exist who are bored, too? Also at my place of employment? I thought it was just me.

We currently have a number of decorated Christmas trees (and a Menorah) on display at work. Unfortunately, due to the economic downturn many of the trees were not sponsored and decorated this year, leaving a few empty ones.

Amy, who was in charge of coordinating the sponsors and getting the trees decorated, called me this morning and said "come down to the front entrance and bring your phone". She wanted me to take a picture of this:

The very bored employees of that work across from this tree decided to decorate it with what they had available: luggage tags, overweight luggage tags, baggage tape, and some really randomly-placed paper accessories that may have been made by heavily medicated preschool-aged children, by the looks of them. Here is a closeup of one of the "ornaments":


I'm very impressed by both their ingenuity and creativity. And like I said, their boredom.
***
I'm also impressed that none of the people who work in the airport have committed suicide, or at the very least punctured their ear drums with a ball point pen, because the Christmas music that is playing is the most awful Christmas music ever recorded. Seriously, listening to the Alvin and Chipmunks Christmas album would be more pleasant than this canned-saccharine-sweet-pop crap.
***
Thank goodness I only have two days left after today!!!

No comments: