Thursday, December 18, 2008

Little Red Corvette

My days continue to slip away from me....

Today I wasn't nearly as productive as yesterday, although I did work on some of the Christmas cookie dough I'll need for my baking extravaganza this weekend, and I picked up some tins to put the cookies into once I'm done.

During my life coaching session last Tuesday I decided I'd hold a little workshop called "Living Joyously on a Budget", because I have so much experience concerning that particular subject. Okay, I'm not so sure that I "decided" to hold one, but my life coach brought up the subject when we were discussing a piece I'd written about it, and it sort of grew from there. This is why I have a life coach! So she can encourage me and give me good ideas. It has really taken this life coaching process to help me see that some of the things I do naturally, such as listening to others and being interested in helping them live a happier life, budgeting, writing, I wish I could think of something else right now, but I can't, could actually be helpful to others.

I take my talents for granted, that's for sure. In fact, I think we all do. We think that if it's easy for us to run a five-minute mile it must be a snap for everyone. We think that if are spectacular proof-readers it's no big deal. And if we can make kick-ass balloon animals, well jeez, a four-year-old could do that, right? Not necessarily. We need to acknowledge and utilize our talents, that's why we were born with them!

I'm doing all the ground work for the workshop now, writing up on outline of what I'll cover, emailing to find out about spaces for rent that I can use to hold this hoe-down, writing up worksheets I'd like to hand out. I'm writing about it here and telling people, so I guess I'm really serious about it. I'm not going to lie, I'm a bit scared of public speaking, mostly because I turn a shade of red normally reserved for mid-life crisis convertibles. The worst part is everyone can tell I'm embarrassed, which makes me feel even more terrible. At any rate, I'd like this to be a group activity with lots of interaction and other people talking. I hope I don't throw up. Or worse, cry.

Honestly, I think I will be good at this. I think I have good ideas and all of this is happening for a reason. I might even be able to find some people to help one on one with this subject, and maybe I'll bring in a little bit of money and can pretend like I have a job!

No comments: