Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I Like My Chicken Fried

I was driving home from my mom's house today, quite happy about my productivity for the morning, when a song came on the radio that is now stuck in my head, and I'm afraid it may have moved in permanently.

I'm super lucky because in this case the lines I have stuck in my head are about fried chicken. Who doesn't want to keep singing a line about a dead chicken that's been battered and deep fried over and over and over and over? This is what is currently short-circuiting my brain:

You know I like my chicken fried
Cold beer on a Friday night
Pair of jeans that fit just right
And the radio uh-up

No more! I don't like my chicken fried! I don't even eat chicken, and I generally try to stay away from fried foods. I don't really drink much beer, either. A pair of jeans that fits just right? Who doesn't like that? And sometimes I like the radio up, but not when it causes brain trauma like it has for me today. My song would be something go something like:

You know I like my veggies stir-fried
Room temperature red wine on a Friday night
Pair of jeans that aren't too tight
On my booty-yyy

What do you think? Should I switch career paths?

Anywho, today I finally secured a place to have my workshop. I have been hemming and hawing over this decision for what seems like forever, but really it's only been since last year. Ha Ha. I am holding the workshop in a restaurant called Oriental Pavilion. Classy, right? I didn't have to pay for the room, I just have to make my participants eat there. By force, if necessary.

Actually, my life coach has held things at this place before, and she suggested it and I finally listened to her. Also, last night I went to a guided meditation run by a massage therapist and a Celtic Shaman (you heard me) which was wonderful and at the end the massage therapist said I could use her space for a workshop sometime. Awesome, right?

I haven't been writing much lately, I've been focused on this workshop stuff. I did enter a contest last week put on by Skirt! magazine and I'll know the outcome of that on Friday. Also, I had signed up to blog for them and they sent a little application back, so who knows, maybe I'll have another place to write. One of my goals for March is to have my website up and running and to self-publish some books and have them available on my site.

Things are looking up, my friends. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have a flier or some other visual to post here. Until then, you're just going to have to picture me in a pair of jeans that's not too tight on my booty-yyy.

No comments: