Thursday, August 14, 2008

Bleh

Let me start by saying that I don't feel artistic or funny today. I'm tired because I have cats that think (OK, they know) they rule the house. If they are outside when we go to bed but decide they want to come in, one (Coconut) will meow into the open window of our bedroom until we (I) let her in and the other one (Nola) climbs up the screen door and bangs it against the other door to make a sound loud enough to wake up the blissfully-zonked-out Jen.

Then they usually insist on being fed and watered and then after I'm already back asleep Coconut decides she wants to sleep in the hall closet, on our beach towels, and plays loudly with the door until someone (me, again) lets her into her new favorite sleepy spot. Nola sleeps in a place more easily accessible, but usally wants to go back outside within 12 to 17 minutes of being let in. She also has the courtesy to wait until I've fallen back asleep before she asks to be let out again.

While I'm on this rant, can I also mention that Coconut comes inside to use the kitty litterbox instead of going in God's-great-big-litterbox, nature? This doesn't wake me up in the middle of the night. Thank goodness, that would be some loud pooping.

So how about some random office supply art??? That has absolutely nothing to do with my previous three paragraphs! Way to go with the continuity, Jen!


This is a leaf. I don't know why I've been making art like this lately, it absolutely drives me crazy making it, I am not a detail person. When I have to fill in the little individual boxes I feel like heading for the hall closet to curl up on some beach towels just to avoid the tedium. Continuity restored.

These are some hearts. Made in the same painful way. And why did I choose to draw hearts? Ask anyone, I am not a heart person. I really don't have an explanation, other than that a heart is just like any other shape and it's easy to draw and, do you need more reasons?
  • They gave me an excuse to make a bulleted list.
  • I love lists.
  • So, hearts.
  • They remind me of Valentine's Day.
  • Which reminds me of chocolate.
  • There you go.

Thanks for getting through this painful episode, if you know what's good for you you'll send me some sort of kitty sedative so I can get a decent night's sleep tonight and maybe restore my funny bone in the process.

No comments: