Friday, August 15, 2008

My Cats Can Read

My cats read my blog yesterday. No one believes me, but last night they didn't meow or try to get in the closet or anything, so they must have read my complaints. Now that I know they read it, I'd like to mention a few other things:
  • If you would learn to use the toilet for going to the bathroom instead of drinking out of, I would appreciate it.
  • You guys owe me about $9224 in mortgage payments at this point. That doesn't even begin to cover utilities, flea medication, or cat food.
  • No, leaving me deceased birds on the porch isn't going to cover it.
  • I would like it if you had dinner ready for me when I get home from work at least once a week.
  • A massage every once in a while would be nice.
  • Coconut, seriously, you need to start brushing your teeth.

Changing the subject, at this point I'd like to write something really inspiring and heartfelt, because I've felt lots of inspiration and...heart feeling (?) lately. Today it has been four weeks since I sent out my first batch of query letters and, unless there is one when I get home tonight, I still have hope because one of the publishers hasn't sent me a no yet.

Oooh, oooh, I think something inpiring might come out of me now, it's brewing. Okay, so even if I go home tonight and have another rejection letter, meaning all three of the publishers I started with do not want my book, Office Supply Art: How to Not Die of Boredom at Your Lame 9 to 5, I'll be OK. I enjoy making art and sharing it on my blog. Even if three people in Wisconsin are the only ones who see it. Which is unlikely, because I don't know anyone in Wisconsin. I love my book, so even if I have to send it to 400 more publishers, some of whom may specialize in publishing manuals on operating farm equipment, and still no one will publish it, I'll continue on. I'm trying to find my way. And that's the point of my book. And it should be the point of this blog, too. I want to create and help people in some way and since I can't make everyone my awesome veggie lasagna plus carrot cake for dessert, this is going to have to do for now.

If I get home tonight and my cats have dinner on the table and the massage table set up, I'll know I'm reaching someone.

No comments: