Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Does a Jen Make Art in the Woods?

I know you're on the edge of your seat to see the pictures from my camping trip. I'm talking to the one (no wait, two!) people who read this. You know who you are. Isn't this the most beautiful campsite ever? What's not to love? Oh, maybe the fact that you have to walk up and down those steps with every single bit of your camping gear, food, booze, wood, and emotional issues, not to mention the fact that you have to stumble up them in the dark in the middle of the night to get to the bathroom, and then back down them when it's even darker because your eyes adjusted to the light in the bathroom. Which really isn't such a good thing, have you ever seen the inside of a bathroom at a campground? Yuck. Which is why I got so in touch with nature while on the trip. The trees are much cleaner. It really was a lovely site though, perfect for making art:
Oooh, mosiac art. Made using the long-forgotten ancient art known as "ripped-up-pieces-from-the-box-containing-that-cheap-and-sort-of-icky-tasting-macaroni-and-cheese." It's true, I gave in and bought non-whole wheat and non-organic mac and cheese for this trip - it even came with the *gag* pre-mixed "cheese" sauce to put on it. That stuff was impossible to get off the pot and the dinner dishes, I'm assuming in 2079 when I pass away at 100 the robot-doctor/anthropologist/reality-TV-star that performs my autopsy will still be finding remnants of it in my intestines. But the art I made from it is cool, yes?


This is a new media for me. I call it...hmm, think of something funny, quick..."Art of the Damned." That's horrible and completely off base, let me try again: "Nature's Touch". That sounds like some sort of feminine product, but let's roll with it anyways. I made this down by the lake out of pebbles and rocks and leaves. I guess it won't stand the test of time, which begs the question: "If an art piece falls into the lake and nobody is there to see it, does it still get wet?" I'm losing my touch here, it must be home sick with my metaphors, so I'm going to move on to not my art, but my sweetheart's art:


In the immortal words of Beavis and Butthead: "FIRE! FIRE! FIRE!" I cannot believe I just used a Beavis and Butthead reference. In case you haven't figured it out, this was our campfire and as Anthony pointed out a few (dozen? thousand?) times, it was pretty awesome.

All in all a lovely trip that I thoroughly enjoyed. The "cheese" sauce told me to tell you it enjoyed it, too. Eww.

No comments: