Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Picture Pages, Picture Pages

I did not, I repeat, did not, get up at 5:45 am as planned this morning. I had a slightly rough night: Cats on me, cats trying to get under the covers, boyfriend asking me if I'd burned the cookies (huh?) I decided to skip working out in the am with the plan to walk this evening. I stuck to my guns with the meditation though. Did you ever think you'd hear "guns" in the same sentence with "meditation"? It's kind of like hearing the words "kitten" and "slaughter house" together in the same sentence; it just doesn't fit.

And that's why I need to meditate...I get distracted very easily. In order to meditate this morning I had to hide from my cats. I got up, petted them, then fed them. When they were in the cat room eating, I ran away and hid in our office and closed the door and didn't turn on the lights. I was that afraid that they would know I was in there if the light shone under the door and that they'd start scratching the door asking how on earth I could rationalize the idea that it was okay for me to be awake yet not petting them. At least when I do yoga in the living room they can crawl on me and get some lovin'. Anywho, I "meditated" for 15 minutes in the dark and it was an enjoyable experience that I'll keep up for the week and then take from there.

Want to see some pictures? Of my cats? That's what I thought. Besides, the least I can do for them since I hid from them this morning is put up pictures (albeit blurry ones) of them:


Nola. In bed. She thinks it's her bed; she's even partially under the covers.

Very blurry picture of Coconut. I took this because I thought she looked like one of the pillows that morning. They don't shed, though. Nor do they have ears or paws.

Want to see how much Anthony loves me?

That's how much he loves me. He also has video of me in a sweatshirt and sweatpants cleaning the freaking toilet!!! I don't know why he feels the need to take pictures of me when I look like...okay, I probably normally look like this at home, but nobody has to see me!!! He did take this picture of me, too, though, so I can forgive him:

Okay, last picture, I promise. This one actually has to do with being creative:

It's my newest polymer clay art project! It started out as just the orange yellow part and I was going to make a tree to put on to it, but I liked that part so much I didn't want to cover it up. Anthony suggested making a sun out of it, my other favorite subject matter besides trees, and I thought that was a good idea. What do blues and greens have to do with suns? Who knows, this project is ever-evolving and some point may become a sculpture of a donkey with a Christmas wreath around it's neck, trailed by a parade of ducks and spiders.

And now I'm going to stop writing....

1 comment:

Amy said...

I would just like to say that I'm grateful to have the pleasure of working with, and sometimes hanging out ouside of work with, the great mind behind this blog. It's a joy. And I'm not even being sarcastic.